Atangard Community Project is an alternative housing arrangement which seeks to provide for the physical needs of students and young professionals, while not neglecting the social value apparent in this demographic. Our intent is to create a welcoming environment with an emphasis on community. It is important to realize that living in close proximity requires each individual to live in consideration of others, and at times limit their own liberties. This application process is intended to allow the operators of Atangard Community Project to get an understanding of who you are and to ensure this living arrangement will be suited for all parties.
We are working with neighbours, City of Abbotsford officials and the Abbotsford Downtown Business Association to maintain and improve the quality of the neighbourhood. We want to ensure that residents do not use rental units for criminal, illegal or nuisance activity. To that end, we employ a careful and thorough screening process.
Please review our list of criteria shown below. If you meet these criteria and your references can be verified, please apply. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.
We provide an equal and fair housing opportunity and except as allowed under Canadian law we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry or place of origin, religion, marital status, family status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or legal source of income, however according to our targeted demographic and our Housing Agreement with the City of Abbotsford, there are some requirements that need to be met.
Applicant Resident Screening Criteria
The following criteria will be used as a basis for resident selection:
- Proper completion of the Application for Residency form in person;
- The applicant will be between ages 19 and 35, either a full-time student enrolled in an accredited educational institution and/or employed full-time such that the total weekly hours of schooling and/or employment must be 30 or more hours per week.
- Two pieces of identification, including one piece of photo ID must be presented with the application;
- The applicant resident must produce proof of ability to earn legal income sufficient to pay the rent;
- A minimum of three references from unbiased sources, including at least one (preferably two) from a landlord must be provided;
- No person will be allowed to occupy the rental unit without prior written permission from the operators of Atangard Community Project Society;
- No pets are allowed without prior written permission by the operators of Atangard Community Project Society;
- Upon a successful application process, the applicant must sign the Residency Contract of Atangard Community Project Society in order to be accepted as a resident.